Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI: MAF tuning with EFILive/Flashscan

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FYI: MAF tuning with EFILive/Flashscan

I finally got my VE table in line via SD tuning, so now I had get the MAF table right. I ditched the MAF that came with the car. The previous owner had descreened, removed the air foil, and put ported MAF ends on the stock MAF. I picked up a screened GM 85mm MAF from ebay and went to work.

Gotta start by saying, use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything you do!

Before you start, you need to make sure your VE table is in line (all LTFT's between -4 and 0). Here are my notes for doing that with EFILive/Flashscan.

1) Download your current tune, save it, and make a copy on CD.

2) Make a copy of the downloaded tune and rename it, M6ws6.MAFtune.tun, or what ever is meaningful to you.

3) You will need to create the following maps in EFILive:

MAP 1 - Data Parameter = LONG TERM FUEL TRIM - BANK 1, Column = MASS AIR FLOW RAW FREQUENCY, Row = MASS AIR FLOW RAW FREQUENCY. Set the column label to 12000 and row labels the same as the MAF frequency values from your tune.. Save as MAF Hz LTFT 1.MAP

MAP 2 - Data Parameter = LONG TERM FUEL TRIM - BANK 2, Column = MASS AIR FLOW RAW FREQUENCY, Row = MASS AIR FLOW RAW FREQUENCY. Set the column label to 12000 and row labels the same as the MAF frequency values from your tune.. Save as MAF Hz LTFT 2.MAP

4) Make sure you MAF is plugged in, start the car and reset your fuel trims. Start logging and take about a 50 mile drive. Try and get a good mix of stop and go driving and hiway driving.

5) Save your log and start calculating. I use the following formula on each value in my MAF table:

assume MAF @ 5000 Hz = 35 G/S, LTFT1 = -11 & LTFT2 = -13

NEW VALUE = CURRENT VALUE + (CURRENT VALUE * (((LTFT1 + LTFT2)/2) / 100))

or

30.8 = 35 + (35 * (((-11 + -13) / 2) /100))

OR

30.8 = 35 + -4.2

I use Excel to run these calculations

6) Copy the new values into your tune, then reflash and log again. Repeat until all your LTFT'S are between -4 and 0

Quick Reply: FYI: MAF tuning with EFILive/Flashscan