PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners guys, can carrying over positive trims into PE mode be disabled?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPTuners guys, can carrying over positive trims into PE mode be disabled?

As the title says, can the addition of positive trims in PE mode be disabled. I have been dealing with some quirky issues where my car runs a lot better with slight positive trims than negative trims. I actually noticed this back in my "MAF translator" days too. The real PITA is that positive trims have a tendency to stick. But if I could disable that...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes there is. Its quite simple. Disable LTFT learning in the Fuel Control section of HPT.

Old 04-24-2005, 06:25 AM
TECH Addict

I know that. I only want it disabled in PE mode. I hate how my really good questions never get addressed. Weak.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:33 AM
FormerVendor

why does your car run better with slight positive trims? tried messing with your O2 sensor switch points to lean the car out with negative trims? It would be an operating system hack to change the PE mode LTFT behavior.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I misunderstood your original question. Sorry for trying though. Weak.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gameover
why does your car run better with slight positive trims? tried messing with your O2 sensor switch points to lean the car out with negative trims? It would be an operating system hack to change the PE mode LTFT behavior.
I have not seen much in the line of changes after changing O2 switch points. My car does seem to run a hair leaner and better with positive trims, plus they don't go so wacky sometimes. Has anybody had any good results changing the switch points? Can it actually make any significant AF ration difference?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gameover
yeah this is what i was gonna say, try to alter the o2 switch points so that the desired switch point is higher and at the fuel trim reading you want. then it should zero out but use the same amount of fuel as before when it was running good. that should be with the upper cells in those tables. just figure out how many g/sec you are getting at these points and relate that to the cell and change that cell.

if i didnt sound clear on this let me know, i can get kinda confusing lol
Old 04-25-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
yeah this is what i was gonna say, try to alter the o2 switch points so that the desired switch point is higher and at the fuel trim reading you want. then it should zero out but use the same amount of fuel as before when it was running good. that should be with the upper cells in those tables. just figure out how many g/sec you are getting at these points and relate that to the cell and change that cell.

if i didnt sound clear on this let me know, i can get kinda confusing lol
Oh, I follow. The real PITA is MAF table changes affect your airflow, so changing one will affect the other. Shouldn't I go lower if I want to go leaner? Have you successfully made O2 switch point changes with useful results? I never could.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Another_User
I have not seen much in the line of changes after changing O2 switch points. My car does seem to run a hair leaner and better with positive trims, plus they don't go so wacky sometimes. Has anybody had any good results changing the switch points? Can it actually make any significant AF ration difference?
the high end is set at about 550-600 as a switch point which means its running on the richer side, prob around 13.9-14.1 AFR or so would be my guess. try to up your numbers, say your trims are +2, i would go up about 20mV on the switch point. if you are in PE i would imagine u would wanna shift cells 8-16 up, i havent done anything to confirm this just lots of reading and stuff, just makes sense to me, but like i said i dont have any proof to back it up
Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

so u want the car to run leaner, hold on let me rethink this lol, ive got a lot going through my head

ok, i get it now, you have + trims and want them to go down because the car runs good now. so u want to lower the switch point like you said. this will make the car inject less fuel to reach the desired setting, leaving it where you are now and running good, sorry i was thinking backwards. so i would drop down the cells 20 instead
Old 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

I don't suppose anybody has tested this out on a wideband O2? It would be really interesting to see if there is a measurable impact on O2 switching point changes.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

i had made changes to this just by smoothing, didnt notice anything bad. as long as your above 451 mV your on the rich side of 14.7 so its safe to just go out and test
Old 04-25-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i had made changes to this just by smoothing, didnt notice anything bad. as long as your above 451 mV your on the rich side of 14.7 so its safe to just go out and test
Ok. I'll tinker with the tune some more.