Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does weather affect VE tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does weather affect VE tuning?

Pretty simple question really, hopefully the answer is just as easy.

A buddy and I started getting my VE dialed in last night, but we didn't get completely finished. So, my basic question is whether or not the weather from one day to another would have a substantial impact on the changes we previously made or not.

A side question is that I'm curious if you guys have had to drop the VE in the lower RPM band much with your VE tuning? I'm finding that I need to drop it down low, but up in the midrange it evens out, and I'm assuming once we tune the top end it will be lean?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Weather did affect my VE tables quite a bit while in SD mode (MAF fail frequency set to 0). I tuned my VE table by logging LTFTs over the period of a week or so, then taking the average of all of those logs in varying weather conditions and applying it to the VE table. It has me within +/-4 in differing conditions unless it's REALLY hot or REALLY cold.

I won't comment on what all changed because I think my car is weird. I was just logging in to post another question related to it in fact.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

slight weather changes won't hurt SD fueling too much, but large weather variances will affect most SD tunes.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha, thanks guys.