Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade PCM from LS1 to LS6 Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Upgrade PCM from LS1 to LS6 Calibration

Since my LS1 modifications consist only of stock LS6 heads and a small cam, I wanted to load an LS6 calibration into my PCM as a starting point for tuning. If available, the stock LS6 PCM calibration would probably be a better starting point for tuning any heads/cam LS1 than the stock LS1 calibration. HPTuners allows us to read LS6 PCM files but an LS6 calibration for an LS1 PCM still must be constructed by a tedious cut and paste process. There are hundreds of differences between the stock LS1 and LS6 PCM calibrations. Not all of the differences are significant but some, such as the spark advance and VE tables, are. I have selected approximately two dozen tables and a similar number of miscellaneous parameters to hack together as my imitation LS6 file. I have been very careful and have done my best to verify the correctness of the changes I have made. Preliminary test driving and data logging haven't exposed any problems - my car runs fine. I believe I have created an approximation of an LS6 calibration that can be safely installed in an '02 LS1 F-body but this is an incomplete project. Because my understanding is limited, I may have neglected to change some significant parameters. I may have changed a parameter without changing some related parameter. The attached text file lists the changes I have made. If anyone is interested enough to inspect my list and suggest additions or changes I would be willing to make the binary available on Horist's site.

Thanks, Gary
Attached Files
File Type: txt
PCM Upgrade Progress.txt (6.6 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by Gary Z; 05-23-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the OS that runs on the PCM/VCM is different and this makes sense with the Corvettes' Fly by Wire throttle body. If you can get the VIN number from a ZO6 there is a website that GM has for their TECH 2 that will give the latest updates. I've done most of the changes too. Car runs fine.

Quick Reply: Upgrade PCM from LS1 to LS6 Calibration