Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't stop starting

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't stop starting

Ok just did a converter change out, and had the batt unhooked for a day or so, Well I went to hook it back up and the car tired starting, So i checked the keys, they werent in it, I tired again....same thing. So I put the key to the on pos, and still ......it tired starting. What the hell do I do to get it to stop that. Thanks guys
Old 07-08-2005, 11:30 PM
FormerVendor

sounds like so wires going to the starter are grounded. Mkae sure no wires are pinced
Old 07-09-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The wire on the large terminal of the starter solonoid it touching the wire on the small terminal. Make sure the tab on the large lug is going into the slot on the solonoid, then tighten the nut.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

ok lol well I went to do this a droped the starter on the Oil sense in the side of the pan, I'm thing this is the oil level sense. Is this Importiant or Can i do with out it untill I can get to the store to get a new one, I gave up on the starter for now, Cuase i'm not sure what the car will do with this senser broken, And I didn't see anything wrong on the back of the starter, How many wires just The red and the one that looks like is it connecting something right
Old 07-09-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As long as you are not leaking oil from the broken sensor, you should be OK to run the car. Maybe this pic will help. One time I didn't get the tang on the large cable in the slot in the plastic and it was touching the small terminal. The starter engaged as soon as the battery was connected. Also, if you connected the large cable to the other large terminal on the starter, it would crank as soon as the battery was connected.
Attached Thumbnails Car won't stop starting-starter.jpg  
Old 07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Ok i'll run out there and try that now I just hope that Sense don't do ahole lot.