Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live Maps

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI Live Maps

Is it possible for someone to explain to me how I would go about making some new maps for logging in EFI Live. I tried making a couple but I haven't been too sucessful. I'm really looking for one to see what map value/rpm i'm getting KR at, and I want one for high octane spark table. I'm running in SD and some of tables in the tuner program are in grams/cyl or something of the sort for the mass air meter. I've done some searching on here and the efi live forums but haven't come up with much. Maybe if some of you guys have some saved maps you could send me that would be awesome too. I'm just trying to learn all I can before my efi university class next month. Thanks guys!!

Jim

blacksaleen95@charter.net
Old 07-28-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you make a BEN map for SD? I just started making new maps but you can go by the following page out of the SD tuning writeup.
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...t=1940&start=0

You ncan also go to help and select page 120 and it shows you how to setup maps.
Let us know how the class is...

Bill

Last edited by Bill Bowling; 07-28-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Teching In

I haven't made a BEN map yet because I haven't gotten a WB02 yet.....yeah i know...I need one bad. I'm taking the class sept 10-11, depending on how it goes I may take the advanced class later that month. It's expensive but I want to learn as much as I can. I love the challanges that come with tuning.... I just wish I knew more.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

There is a learning curve but with FlashScan it will be much easier.

Bill
Old 07-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Teching In

anyone? maybe a screenshot of your spark maps? helpa bother out
Old 07-29-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Blacksaleen95
anyone? maybe a screenshot of your spark maps? helpa bother out
The version of FlashScan that I have already has a map for spark. Pick an empty map location and Select "Open Map". The last one on my MAP folder is SAE.SPARKADV Degrees.
Hope this helps.
Bill
Attached Thumbnails EFI Live Maps-spark_map.gif  
Old 08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Teching In

I did see that one, but the problem I'm running into is it only will show timing in the .08 grams/cyl col. because I'm in speed density. I have changed the map to read map (kpa) but then when I try to compare it to the map in the efi live tuning it's not the same since that one measures in grams/cyl. Maybe I'm just confusing myself, but I don't see how I could get it to correspond without converting the whole map.

I appricate your help, as it looks like nobody else is willing to
Old 08-01-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

can you post a screen shot of what you are talking about?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

I did see that one, but the problem I'm running into is it only will show timing in the .08 grams/cyl col. because I'm in speed density. I have changed the map to read map (kpa) but then when I try to compare it to the map in the efi live tuning it's not the same since that one measures in grams/cyl. Maybe I'm just confusing myself, but I don't see how I could get it to correspond without converting the whole map.

I appricate your help, as it looks like nobody else is willing to
Chances are your labels are wrong OR you aren't logging the right PIDs.

The best way to create a MAP in EFI Live is to check the tuning software first. If you say you want to adjust the timing table based on KR, go in the Engine>Spark>General>High-Octane Table and see what is needed. If memory serves me correctly, you want your data logged to be DYNCYLAIR_DMA, RPM, and then what your looking for (KR in this case). Log those PIDs.

Then set your map as follows to replicate the table in the tuner:

Data is knock retard
Columns are DYNCYLAIR_DMA (in steps of .08 I think)
Rows are RPM (make sure you label correctly ~ steps of 200 RPMs up to 2000 and then steps of 400 RPMs ~ just like the table does)

The key is to label your MAP just like the table in the tuning software. So, double check what I told ya. Then you can make the appropriate changes.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 08-01-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Teching In

thats the impression I was under, so thats what I did was made the maps just like in my tuning software. But since i have the mass air meter disconnected to tune in SD, it only fills the .08 cells. I'll have to keep playing around with the maps.... I'll get a screen shot posted of what im talkin about
Old 08-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Launching!

thats the impression I was under, so thats what I did was made the maps just like in my tuning software. But since i have the mass air meter disconnected to tune in SD, it only fills the .08 cells. I'll have to keep playing around with the maps.... I'll get a screen shot posted of what im talkin about
If one column is filling full of data, the units need to be switched from metric to imperial or vice versa.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

I had the same problem and found I needed to go into the map properties and change the PID to DYNCYLAIR_DMA.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails EFI Live Maps-spark_map_080105.gif  
Old 08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Teching In

ok sweet, im about to go try it out I'll let u know if i got it.... I think I needed that PID to be logged, cause I only had one of the other ones logging...I'll let you guys know!! Thanks for the help
Old 08-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
Chances are your labels are wrong OR you aren't logging the right PIDs.

The best way to create a MAP in EFI Live is to check the tuning software first. If you say you want to adjust the timing table based on KR, go in the Engine>Spark>General>High-Octane Table and see what is needed. If memory serves me correctly, you want your data logged to be DYNCYLAIR_DMA, RPM, and then what your looking for (KR in this case). Log those PIDs.

Then set your map as follows to replicate the table in the tuner:

Data is knock retard
Columns are DYNCYLAIR_DMA (in steps of .08 I think)
Rows are RPM (make sure you label correctly ~ steps of 200 RPMs up to 2000 and then steps of 400 RPMs ~ just like the table does)

The key is to label your MAP just like the table in the tuning software. So, double check what I told ya. Then you can make the appropriate changes.

F'n Badass.... I logged the dyncylair_dma pid and switched some of the maps around to utilize them and everything is minty now. Thanks for the help guys, this should make life a little bit easier
Old 08-03-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

No problem.

Quick Reply: EFI Live Maps