PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lots of ?'s did the search may have overlooked but am running out of time

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lots of ?'s did the search may have overlooked but am running out of time

Ok this will probably be long so bare with me. I am swapping a 00 ls1 into a phantom dually Sonoma and pretty much have it together but time is running short and I would like to drive this thing a bit before going 4hrs up the road. Here is where the problems start. I bought my motor piece by piece and it has saved me money but not time by any means. It is a 00 ls1 block with a set of ported 5.3 heads shaved .020 Also have a .602/.602 236/236 112+2 comp cam and ls6 intake in front of a t-56. My computer cam from a 00 ls1 tuned by futral with a 224/228 cam Intake .586" Exhaust .574" LSA 114 near the same ported heads ls1 intake and a A4. I am now running the 01 injectors instead of the 00 ones and a ls6 intake. Am I going to need to change the injector info in my bin? I have the injectors excell document but can't seem to decide on what to put in it to get the correct info out. 3bar or 4 and what is the difference in the injector rated flow rates and fuel pressures. Is this all I have to change? Also would I be better to just start with a stock m6 tune and change everything or try to make this one work for me? I am completely lost and have to leave for truck nationals on fri plus have my tailpipes put on and an inspection and... you get the idea. Is there a generic bin I could use just to get my truck running decent just until I can get back or am I going to have to learn this all in 4 days? Oh yeah I have hp tuners and the motor does run but it is running really rich so anyways sorry for the long thread and thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to adjust for the new injectors, just take the Pulse Width from a 01 file and put it in your 00 file. Thats all you need to adjust for the new injectors. You will need now to adjust the ve table and other things now for the larger injectors. Whats in 4 days? You won't be able to learn all of this in 4 days either.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

All truck nationals are in 4 days and I am trying to make the show. I also sent you that file Thanks,
..RJ..
Old 08-01-2005, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

where do you change the pulse width? do you mean pulse width minimum and default pw? also is there some way to turn off reverse lock out?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I was thinking one thing and typing another. You need to change the Flow Rate VS. KPA in Hptuners. Just copy the table from a 01 into yours and you will be fine.

If it was me, I would take all the tables you have changed in the 00 and put them the same in a 01. Then do a full reflash of the 01 file and you are set. This way you only have to mess with one VE table and other items as well.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

What all has been changed? Will it work for my cam and intake? Do I have to change any of the transmission tables seeing as I will be running a m6 instead of an A4?