Sponsored by:

All Tuners please read.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Tuners please read.

Hey.
I just wanted to see if some one could Help me with some basic table's to start with. Here is my problem. I had a Guy in my town that is suposed to be a really good tuner come out to tune my car. He did burn my prom. The car idle great and seem to run really good however, we were runing into a problem when we put it into gear the car would stall out. I replaced every thing i could think my Iac motor, adjust the throttle blade
& check all grounds. So on finally i traced it down to there being water in my Ecm seem they don't like water, So i got a new ecm,
and i think in the process my prom may have grounded out and lost the program for my setup. To make a long story short. I have been trying to reach the guy that tuned my car and can not get a hold of him. I have left him 4 messages with no luck of a return phone call. Like i said i believe this guy to be a competenet tuner i will give him the benifit of the doubt. I paid him $275.00 for my tune and he said he would retune for free if needed but, seeing how i can't get a hold of him I will have to get another tuner. the only other guy that will be tuning my car has done alot of tune's but most of them were for turbo import cars. So i need to see if anyone has the basic tables for a stock set up and then see if anyone has any oppions on what would be best tables to drive it for some time that way i can break it in. before i go to a dyno and tune this thing on a wide band O2.
I'm not looking for Exact tables to make the car run it's best just some setting so, I can break it in with out messing anything up.

everything that has been done to my car in my sig....
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks Grant.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

The Base Idle Running Airflow table comes to mind. I assume when you put it in gear, the PN part of the table is fine, but the Gear part of the table is off and needs to be tweaked.

Log STIT for both PN and Gear and LTIT and from there you should be able to get the RAF table inline.

Dixit
Old 08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dixit
The Base Idle Running Airflow table comes to mind. I assume when you put it in gear, the PN part of the table is fine, but the Gear part of the table is off and needs to be tweaked.

Log STIT for both PN and Gear and LTIT and from there you should be able to get the RAF table inline.

Dixit
I appreciate the responce but when i put the new ecm in it fixed the stalling condition, but now the car runs like crap and there is a permenant check engine light on the cooling fan kicks on as soon as i turn the key the car is stuck in default mode. I can't comunicate with the ecm but its brand new my best guess the program got erased.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dixit

Dixit
I appreciate the reply but the stalling condition corected its self with the replacement of the ecm. The problem i have now is the car is stuck in default mode. I think the progamed portion of the prom got erased.
thats my best guess. got a permenant check engine light/the cooling fan constant, and no comuncation with the ecm trough the OBD.