PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Disconnect & Reset PCM, Timing Tricker on '04 GTO, remove skid plate...good ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disconnect & Reset PCM, Timing Tricker on '04 GTO, remove skid plate...good ideas?

The wife's '04 GTO is a turd in this hot North Carolina weather. This weekend I plan to remove the front skid plate. I have been told that may allow some hot air to escape, is that correct?

Also I am going to reset the PCM by disconnecting the battery.

Does the timing tricker work on this car?

I actually 'think' it did help my '98 Formy, what about this car? I am just really trying to get this car to pick up a little power in the heat....
Old 08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

timing trickers work well when the weather is cooler, but if it is hot you are just pushing the timing closer to the point of where you might get some detonation from it. Keep a eye on it and make sure it doesnt ping with the gas you are currently running. If you ever deceide to get a tune I would let the tuner know as it will affect the tune some if you still have it installed.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Removing the skid plate and putting a 160 t-stat in go along way to keep the car cooler. Having the car tuned will also get the most out of the car.

If you are in NC, give Carolina Auto Masters a call. Can't go wrong with one of Jeff's tunes
Old 08-26-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob
Removing the skid plate and putting a 160 t-stat in go along way to keep the car cooler. Having the car tuned will also get the most out of the car.

If you are in NC, give Carolina Auto Masters a call. Can't go wrong with one of Jeff's tunes

true.. a tune will help... but do a search on whoever you choose as a tuner before you let them touch your car.