Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock Retard

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Knock Retard

Ok I finished my head, cam, long tube, therm., and plug wire install. My question is now I have 4-5* of knock retard at WOT where I had none when the car was stock. Is this a tuning issue or an install issue?

Can I tune this out? Do I need to take the car apart again and re-do something? Or could something be loose and it just needs to be tightened down that may be setting off the sensor (ie exhaust)? I would like to get this issue resolved.

The car is definitely stronger now with the install but I think it will be stronger if I can get rid of the KR.

Thanks
Jon
Old 08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you using or have you tried using the stock spark table for .52 g/cyl on up? If you still have KR with the stock table, double check to make sure you're getting enough fuel @ WOT. 12.2 @ peak tq and 12.8 @ peak hp with it richer around the edges is a good place to start (hope you have a WBO2). Wouldn't be a bad idea to check your injector pulse width while you're at it. If that's not an issue, then I'd pull a little timing and see if it's any better. I would assume if something is rattling the knock sensors at WOT with 25* advance, it would do it just as much at 20* advance too.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

The car seems to be running rich. I don't have the WBO2 but I am going to buy it...did not think I needed it...inPW looks good. It is very wet here. I may have more KR if I could leave it at WOT longer than a few seconds.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

OK guys...This is what I have found out. My Y-Pipe is knocking on the brace. I am working on getting the exhaust hanger back on the car.

I am curious...I did 2 back to back WOT logs. I logged 0 KR on the first run to 100 and the second run to 100 I logged 4* of KR. Could it be because of the Y-pipe or would true knock come and go like that?

While driving the car is when I heard the rattle under the car and checked to find the rattling Y-Pipe.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With your mods you are moving more air through engine, at a minimum your VE table is off. You will need to tune. Wide O2 is the way to go. What program are you using?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Purrvert
With your mods you are moving more air through engine, at a minimum your VE table is off. You will need to tune. Wide O2 is the way to go. What program are you using?

hp tuners