Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bosch Lsu4 O2 Sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bosch Lsu4 O2 Sensor ?

I picked one up from the VW dealership pn 021-906-262-b,but need to know which wires are designated for what.Hooking it up to a NORDSKOG air fuel gauge.Wires on the o2 are,red,white,yellow,gray,and black(maybe dk. gray).

TIA
Old 01-13-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

i may be wrong... but I don't think this'll work...

you need a controller to allow the wideband sensor to work... on volkswagons this is built into the PCM... but you can't just go from the sensor direct to a gauge w/out a controller to turn the sensor on and interpret the readings....

Innovate Motorsports makes an LM-1 and LC-1 ... these use the bosch sensor, but also include a controller for the sensor, and provide analog outputs for interacting w/a guage such as the one you posted
Old 01-13-2006, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
i may be wrong... but I don't think this'll work...

you need a controller to allow the wideband sensor to work... on volkswagons this is built into the PCM... but you can't just go from the sensor direct to a gauge w/out a controller to turn the sensor on and interpret the readings....

Innovate Motorsports makes an LM-1 and LC-1 ... these use the bosch sensor, but also include a controller for the sensor, and provide analog outputs for interacting w/a guage such as the one you posted
Old 01-14-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by horist
you need a controller to allow the wideband sensor to work...

It comes with a buffer box ,but I'm starting to guess this is just for "smoothing" out the signal rather than the controller that would be needed to read the wideband signal correctly?