Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Faults on SES Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with Faults on SES Light

My SES light has been on for a few days, my friend has a Diablo Sport tuner, we hooked it up to my car to see what was going wrong...Ended up with all of this...Can you guys tell me what is wrong, or what i need to do? Thanks a bunch

Fault 1-P0161 02s Heater Circuit, Bank 2 sensor 2, Malfunction

Fault 2-P0410 Air System, Malfunction

Fault 3-P1415 Air System Bank 1

Fault 4-P1416 Air System Bank 2
Old 01-23-2006, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Did you just put your lts on? If so you just need to turn off the air codes assuming you didnt hook the air back up. The heater curcit is just because the o2s are farther away now.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
Did you just put your lts on? If so you just need to turn off the air codes assuming you didnt hook the air back up. The heater curcit is just because the o2s are farther away now.
No LT's yet... soon though, the only things i have done to the car as of now is
Subframe Connectors
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
SLP Blackwing Lid with K&N Filter
Smooth Bellows
Yank 3600 Stall
Taylor Thundervolt Plug Wires
Throttle Body Bypass
!FRA
Descreened MAF
i also deleted the EGR tube with a dremel, when i bolted it back up, ontop, i guess the gasket didn't seal right so it sounds like air is leaking a little bit, im curious as to if this is causing anything....

After we deleted the codes, the following day they came back up...
Old 01-23-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Start with swapping the rear O2 sensors to the opposite sides. If the O2 heater problem moves to Bank 1 Sensor 2, then you have a bad O2 sensor. That would be the easiest thing to start with without buying any parts. And fix the leak around the EGR tube.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

You might want to unblock receiving emails here in your profile if you are going to email other members here.
But to answer your question, rear O2s are just there to monitor the cat performance. If you are going to get headers in ther future and run an ORY, you can wait and get O2 sims for the rears or have a tuner turn the codes off.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
You might want to unblock receiving emails here in your profile if you are going to email other members here.
But to answer your question, rear O2s are just there to monitor the cat performance. If you are going to get headers in ther future and run an ORY, you can wait and get O2 sims for the rears or have a tuner turn the codes off.
woops i didn't realize that that was turned off, i enabled it now...

I want to run TD's(TSP Rumbler) with Pacesetter LT's here soon probably end of February...would i still be able to run sims etc...my friend has HPtuners and i would probably pay the 150 or whatever the cost is to allow him to tune 98 and delete the codes...
Old 01-23-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

No need for sims if the rear O2 codes are turned off. You may have other problems since you are getting AIR too. I just gave you a place to start that wouldn't cost anything to try. You may move the sensors and the problem stays on Bank 2.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
My SES light has been on for a few days, my friend has a Diablo Sport tuner, we hooked it up to my car to see what was going wrong...Ended up with all of this...Can you guys tell me what is wrong, or what i need to do? Thanks a bunch

Fault 1-P0161 02s Heater Circuit, Bank 2 sensor 2, Malfunction

Fault 2-P0410 Air System, Malfunction

Fault 3-P1415 Air System Bank 1

Fault 4-P1416 Air System Bank 2
Chris. Holla at yo' boy!

Seriously though, here's what I see:

Fault 1- Take a look at that rear O2 connecter (bank 2 sensor 2 is the passenger side rear O2) and make sure it's not corroded and/or the wires aren't mangled. If everything looks good then that sensor is the culprit. No biggie, as was mentioned it just monitors cat performance and will be removed when you install your LT's. At that point you can plug in some simms or delete the codes.

Faults 2-4: These have to do with the air injection system, and all this does is inject oxygen into the exhaust to help the cats do their job more efficiently before they warm up on a cold start. Since you're getting the general air system malfunction error as well as both banks, I'd guess that maybe the air pump is shot or the fuse that feeds it is blown. Check the fuse, and listen on a cold start and see if it runs at all. Again, once you install the LT's and the duals and ditch the cats, this system becomes useless. Just get some "race" style LT's with no air provisions and ditch the whole damned air system, and kill the codes.