Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Cam Tuning Progression, Few Things, Suggestions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big Cam Tuning Progression, Few Things, Suggestions Needed

Guys, this car is comming around very nicely. It seems the whole I was getting in the ve table came right out when I used the smooth feature of EFILive in the 1600-3200 rpm range. Now just a few things as far as idle and some surging at part throttle.

First off the idle seems to be a two way street. If I add 4-6 to the entire intake air table the car will idle fine but the cruz control effect is out of hand. If I add only 3-4 it will idle pretty good and the cruz control effect is not that bad but still holds at 1200-1300. If I don't add any idle air at all the car will not idle and no cruz control effect results. This car has 32 degrees now at idle at the suggestion of a member here and no nock is seen there. Also, the throttle cracker table have been reduce heavily. Any suggestions here are appreciated. I know there is something real small i'm missing here but it's gotta be something that can be done. It's an 01z06 with a 90 mm throttle body obviously drive by wire.

Second off, the car still wants to buck and act a little funny when you equalize or let the throttle return to zero around the 2300 and down range but it's fine above that. I played with DFCO a little and reduced the rpms for enabling and it seems to help a little but still hasn't fixed the problem. This cam is 239/242 at .050 on a 110lsa so is this just something that the customer will have to live with. The z06 still has stock gears (but remember a much more agressive transmission). I've increased the timing quite a bit and it seemed to help. Any other suggestions.

That's it for now
Old 01-26-2006, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Use the idle pids i told you about the other night to get it dialed in from a cold start it sounds like your desired airflow table is off. Take the cracker table back to stock until you get the idle dialed in by ECT. The bucking is most likey an air issue also dialing in your desired airflow will help some. Teh desired airflow table is used in both idle and non idle conditions

PS you need to get rid of that yahoo **** and install MSN or AIM
Old 01-26-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Larry. I don't recall seeing those table in my current softward so I will double check and make sure to update to the latest version of scanning and tuning EFILive.

Yeah, people tell me that all the time about the MSN AIM.

Just wanted to double check and make sure there isn't something else that i'm missing. Thanks.