Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which reluctor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which reluctor?

I'm considering an aftermarket ECU to drive an LS2-based motor. I assume that the LS2 shortblock will come with a 58 tooth reluctor, but don't know if the aftermarket systems support that. I haven't even picked the aftermarket ECU yet. In consideration are FAST, GEN VII, MOTEC, BS3.
Will they all support that reluctor wheel, or should I spec a 24 tooth?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a 2005 LS2 will have the 24 tooth reluctor and you could use that w/an LS1 PCM if you wish (companies such as thudner have the necessary conversion parts to get knock sensors and such to work w/an LS1 PCM)

if you go w/a 2006 LS2 then it's 58 tooth... I'm not very familiar w/aftermarket computers however, so not sure if any of the above can be set to correct for this
Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
a 2005 LS2 will have the 24 tooth reluctor and you could use that w/an LS1 PCM if you wish (companies such as thudner have the necessary conversion parts to get knock sensors and such to work w/an LS1 PCM)

if you go w/a 2006 LS2 then it's 58 tooth... I'm not very familiar w/aftermarket computers however, so not sure if any of the above can be set to correct for this
Thanks. The plan is to use an aftermarket unit ECM, and run speed density for twin turbos.