Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 2 tables for FAST 90/90

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Which 2 tables for FAST 90/90

I swaped my LS6 intake for th FAST 90mm & NW 90mm TB. Im just now getting around to tuning it for the swap. & I cant remeber which two tables it was I needed to change & by how much I needed to change them can someone tell me if this is correct or not?

IAC Steps vs. Effective area----- (not sure what to multiply this table by)
IAC Park Position Airflow-------- (divide 90 by 72, then mulitply this table by 1.25)

Are those two correct?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure that you don't want to mess with those particular tables, because those have to do with the size of the hole for the IAC control passage, not the actual TB effective area. I'm also pretty sure that the NW/FAST 90 tb's keep the stock size IAC passage, and therefore you won't need to mess with those tables. If you're not seeing any ill idle effects, all you will need to do is adjust your VE table, because that will change. Then when you get a chance to hit up a dyno, you can mess with your spark timings at WOT cause that'll change a little too. Anyone else have any info that I'm missing?

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

Ok, sounds good. I was told I had to modify those two tables. I get a little bit of a cruise control on the interstate and the RPM up and down on start ups. Which tables need to be modified to fix those two?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

From my experience, the hunting idle is most likely your base spark timings. You will need to play with those a little bit and see what she likes. The cruise control can be traced down to your throttle cracker table and throttle cracker decay rates. Best thing to do is zero out your throttle cracker decay delay table, and put in a constant decay value for your throttle cracker. Then, play with only the throttle cracker table by reducing it until the cruise control is eliminated. Idle tuning is more of an art then a science from what I've been figuring out lol. What software are you using?

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks I got it awhile ago. Messed with the RAF table, & the Throttle cracker table. And also the timing. Idles like a charm.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Kick ***

Adrian