Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live/ Moates.net Road runner

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Live/ Moates.net Road runner

I'd just have to say that I'm very impressed and greatful that someone has come up with such a awesome tuning combination. Today I had a chance to fix some idle issues we had with a 408 00 Z28.. The car is nothing special and had a very mild cam so it shouldn't have been a big deal. Well it had some unusual idle problems for the first 5 minutes of engine runtime only then the problem was 100% gone.

Datalogging/flashing the car was useless.. The problem was gone way before you could notice or speculate what was happening.

The Roadrunner allowed me to make real time changes to idle tables I've honestly never had to touch before. I was able to try different things and INSTANTLY see how they where either going to positively or negatively effect what I was doing.

EFI live has seriously grown on me too. At first the software looked a bit daunting and hard to navigate but within a day or two I'm able to quickly find the things I want and make the changes I need. I also LOVE how they let you see everything inside the tune unlike some software I can honestly say that EFIlive has a great product out.

Great stuff!!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to hear that. I should be receiving my RoadRunner tomorrow. Can't wait to play with it.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alvin
...The car is nothing special...
It was my car and I agree we made progress; however, I guess I need twin turbos or a gazillion hp to be "special"? That was cold.

Last edited by Macon; 03-17-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By nothing special I meant that it wasn't some crazy camshaft.. or that it shouldn't have been anything unusually hard to do in the first place.

When the car has over 250 degrees in duration and idles no less than 1300 rpm and has an aluminum flywheel and is expected to drive smooth enough for a wife to drive.. Thats special.. or at least especially hard to tune.. which is where my thinking is coming from.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:46 AM
10 Second Club

By nothing special I meant that it wasn't some crazy camshaft.. or that it shouldn't have been anything unusually hard to do in the first place.

When the car has over 250 degrees in duration and idles no less than 1300 rpm and has an aluminum flywheel and is expected to drive smooth enough for a wife to drive.. Thats special.. or at least especially hard to tune.. which is where my thinking is coming from.
At least you didn't refer to it as a Garbage Scowl... !!

The truth is...Alvin did a great job. He credits the software. That's his judgement. I credit his intelligence and time spent on my (special to me) project. Not to mention patience. I had to drive 2 hours to see him...wait for the car to cool. Take a look a the cool motor...make some changes...wait to cool 2 hours again....etc. The idle issues and driving issues are 95% better. That's a lot of gain. So if it's the software...good. I also reccommend Alvin Anderson...(if that's not a no no do to sponsorhip rules).
Old 03-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Teching In

When the car has over 250 degrees in duration and idles no less than 1300 rpm and has an aluminum flywheel and is expected to drive smooth enough for a wife to drive.. Thats special..
I'll take that as a compliment.
She does like it now, her comment was "Ican see how you could get in trouble with this!".
Old 03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Craig Moates
Naturally aspirated 680hp/630ftlb small-block, street-driven 6-speed. Not an LS1, but factory fuel injected all the way!
Craig Moates - Naturally aspirated is nice.
But, you need an LS1/LS6/LS2 or LS7.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I agree. Find me a 2001/2002 Z28 Auto in Midnight Blue and I'll be all over it!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

I had a chance this weekend to mess around with my new RoadRunner and EFILive. This thing is awsome!! It really saves you time when dialing in drivabillity and other issues.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Craig Moates
I agree. Find me a 2001/2002 Z28 Auto in Midnight Blue and I'll be all over it!

aw comon craig.. why not shoot for the new Z06! you could expand your product line at the same time!

Quick Reply: EFI Live/ Moates.net Road runner