Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: how many are using a lc-1 and how many are screwed up
yes i have one and it works great
58.86%
yes i have one and its broke or has broke
41.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

how many are using a lc-1 and how many lc-1's are broke?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had some time - did a search and figured I would comment on this post. Anyone that bought the product from Dynotune - feel free to contact us we will help you out as best we can. The last revison of firmware has definetly reduced the failure rate we see on LC1's. We now get back on average, these are units recieved back to us dead, around 4 per every 100 we sell. Much better than we saw previously. Another thing to note why you see issues posted with the LC1 often is just the vast number they sell. We use to carry PLX, actually still a distributor for them and a good product as well as Innovate. We were selling on average of 1 PLX for every 50 Innovate. So we chose to follow the demand in the market with Innovate over the last couple of years. As mentioned previously, yes the Innovate LC1 can be finicky if not wired and especially grounded well. To the note about our gauge reading differently than logworks that will happen if there is an issue with the LC1 analog outputs. Our gauge utilizes the signal from the analog output were logworks gets its signal from another circuit. So if you have a bad ouput your gauge will read wrong.

Technology wise here is why we prefer the Innovate products:
The biggest difference is actually the (pat. pend.) measurement principle of the LM-1/LC-1. Different from all other widebands it does NOT use the pump current as AFR indication. Instead it uses the sensor to form with the LM-1/LC-1 circuit what's called a delta-sigma analog to digital converter. The difference is that the analog signal in this case is not a voltage or current, but directly the exhaust gas composition. This allows it to:

A: react extremely fast with no settling or overswing
B: be independent of electronic parts tolerances and drifts
C: compensate for sensor drift due to aging every time you do a free air calibration.
D: calibrate for the actual sensor characteristic independent of the factory calibration resistor, which is only correct when the sensor is new.
E: is much less susceptible to exhaust back pressure.

Another advantage of that measurement principle is automatic compensation for 'rich gas loading'. This is an effect most WB manufacturers do not compensate for or even know of. When a WB sensor is operating in a rich gas for a prolonged time (minutes), it's cells 'load up' and slowly drift, requiring more and more pump current. This will indicate richer and richer than it actually is. If the ECU is WB controlled in closed loop, the engine would actually run leaner and leaner to compensate.
The LM-1's/LC-1's measurement principle is not susceptible to that.

Hope this helps!

Dean

Last edited by DynotuneN2O; 04-20-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We've been ussing Dynojets for years.Only 1 failure out of 10-15 and that was due to the car sitting for 8 months.I cringe everytime I see someone buy the LC-1 thinking they are saving $$. Some people have luck with them but most don't.We can't trust high HP cars on a sensor thats known to quit all the time.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

PLX time for me or AEM
Old 05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
We've been ussing Dynojets for years.Only 1 failure out of 10-15 and that was due to the car sitting for 8 months.I cringe everytime I see someone buy the LC-1 thinking they are saving $$. Some people have luck with them but most don't.We can't trust high HP cars on a sensor thats known to quit all the time.
What Dynojet model would work with EFILive and 97Vette?
Will it function as narrow band like the LC1?
I don't need a gauge.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I agree with most of your statement for different reasons however, the last sentence is misleading at best. The Dynojet Wideband uses the same Bosch LSU4 sensor as the LC-1. Not to be a jackass but, if you were refering to the controller, I agree again but, for different reasons. The LC-1's instructions are crap at best, and overall the controller is extremely intolerant of an incorrect installation.

Not to be a Innovate tool (I wish they would fix their instructions) but, for those who are willing to research, you can get a decent value with it.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MY LC1 is broken lucky it is pretty much tuned,but i want to get a new one just dont know whos"brand" to get
Old 07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

i just got the FJO

many less wires, smaller controller, simple display , color blind friendly wire colors (big plus for me)

2 outputs also. (only one can be program and it 5 options of preprogrammed outputs also)

so far i like what see
Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

hey guys, if you have a broken LC-1 that doesnt work ill buy it from you, pm me if you have one

Quick Reply: how many are using a lc-1 and how many lc-1's are broke?