Sponsored by:

Cant get EFILive to retrieve info from pcm

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cant get EFILive to retrieve info from pcm

I followed the instructions as follows:

Start the EFILive scan tool and tell it all of the information it needs. Now attach the other cable to the FlashScan interface and then finally plug the other end of that cable into the OBD II connector on your car. Next turn on the ignition but don’t start the car. Now we need to connect to the car. You do that by clicking the green button right under the file menu, by choosing the menu option File->Connect or by pressing [Ctrl+F3]. The Scan tool will now connect and validate your car. In the rest of this document, every time you see the syntax Menu->Choice it means choose the menu: Menu and in that menu choose choice: Choice. Once it’s connected download all of the OBDII emissions related test results. We’ll do that by choosing the menu option Info->Retrieve all test results. Turn off the ignition and then let’s look at what was found:

When I get to the "Retrieve all test results" its greyed so I can't select it. What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

can you post a screen shot?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

There's really nothing to it, because nothing happens, basically I open it and nothing happens. It says its connecting to the car, the green light goes grey and then nothing else happens, am I suppose to start the car or just turn the ignition on?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turn ignition to run position...

does your cig lighter work? (test w/a cell charger or something) ... if it doesn't work then youre Cig/Accy fuse (inside car) is blown... replace and should work.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:59 AM
TECH Junkie

you can connect with just the ignition on.

Check the fuses as Horrist mentioned.

Just starting with the basics, have you verified all connections, from USB to Flashscan to OBDII port are good? Have you tried connecting with the engine running?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can press the button on the black box and it lights up so I assume the connection from flashscan to laptop is good, but the connection to the car I don't think is working. Althought it comes up saying connecting and then greys out the green connect button.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

It didn't have a fuse so I put one in but its still not working....
Old 07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok soooooo the fuse I used was blown as well. Thanks so much for the info, I managed to get it to connect yesterday and actually logged data. Thanks!