Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added Racetronix, car barely runs/idles

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Question Added Racetronix, car barely runs/idles

A guy I tuned about a year ago has a 383 A4 in his Camaro SS, he just installed a Racetronix PnP Fuel System to his car now the car barely runs.

Before the fuel pump change, pressure was normal at 58 psi now it is a tick over 62 psi.

The tune is dead on, I spent hours tuning the VE table and Maf, Ltrims are around -3 to +1 and WOT A/F is set at 12.9. Car runs great at the track, 11.1 at 122mph with a 1.6 or so 60 ft.

Dyno numbers were around 470 RWHP and 435 RWTQ on a Dynojet.

Cold and hot starts are a joke now and when it is running and you go WOT, you can tell it is very rich, a lot of black smoke.

He lives about an hour away from me and this is what he is telling me.

How much do I have to change the IFR table to get everything back in line again?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billiumss
How much do I have to change the IFR table to get everything back in line again?
Use the spreadsheet located in the stickies in this forum to calculate the new IFR based on the higher fuel pressure.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rest shouldn't change just the IFR, as long as your injectors flow exactly as much as they claim and you can precisely measure the fuel pressure. if any of this info is off, you'll see you trims be off after IFR readjustment. just do IFR and see how the trims change