Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Edit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Edit?

I have a 2005 Pontiac GTO that was Tuned by Pro Auto Tech with LS2 Edit. I want to return the car back to stock and sell it. The dealer tried to reflash my ECM with a stock program from a Tech 2, and that wouldn't work. They then tried doing it with the Pass Thru method, and that also failed.

Pro Auto Tech has been sold to Rev Extreme, so I went to them to get my ECM capable of accepting the stock tune. They were able to find my "stock" tune on Ron's (The former owner of Pro Auto Tech) computer. After loading that I went back to the dealer, and they still cannot Reflash my ECM with a stock GM program. What steps need to be taken, to get a stock GM program installed? The dealer, and REV Extreme tell me I need to buy a new ECM. Is that true?

Thank You,
Tony Trabon
Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Teching In

I'm having this problem as well. I asked the Tuner to contact the guys from LS2 edit to hopefully help them out but no progress yet. I've wasted several days so far trying to get this taken care of. I think the tuner should either get this thing back to stock for you or take responsibility and get you a new ECM. At least thats how i'm hoping it will work out for me.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

From what I understand, the dealer needs to change the VIN when flashing the car. This will do a full PCM rewrite instead of a partial flash and load the stock OS. Then, he can change it back. At least, this is what I was told.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Teching In

The guy at the dealer said he tried to flash it normally, and then he tried to flash it as if he was replacing the ECM, and neither would work. He said he could pull everything up and read it, but he could not flash it. Still I would think LS2 edit guys would have a way to reverse their lock on the ECM, I can understand its purpose but its causing some real nightmares.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm this is very interesting to know.....
Old 09-22-2006, 02:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah you didnt see that part mentioned in GMHTP
Old 09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wouldn't that be funny if it was the dealer's flasher not working, just kidding.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see a dealer trying to program the vehicle without the candi module attached, lol.

the tuning company (carputing) you are working with should be able to flash the pcm back to stock for you. Contact them directly and see how thier customer service is.

Ryan
Old 09-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Working with the Original Tuner we got it taken care of. I'm still amazed that the lockout blocks even the Tech 2 dealer system though.

Have the original tuner contact the guys at LS2 edit, mine needed some update to get a box that allows them to unlock the tune (it requires a stock un modified tune so hope they still have it)