Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are benefits of electronic-throttle-control calibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what are benefits of electronic-throttle-control calibration

i have an etc engine i'm about to swap into a 68 camaro & i'm looking to purchase a tuning package.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ETC engine as I have read and understand is that with the electronic throllte the computer can control the traction better by varing the progressive rate of throttle opening.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Veteran

You might be able to get a more linear opening of the throttle plate with a computer system.

Would be useful for large motors since you can open and close the plate in smaller increments than with a cable linkage.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shanekennedy
i have an etc engine i'm about to swap into a 68 camaro & i'm looking to purchase a tuning package.

Most of the people I know who have done this are mainly looking to get rid of the ugly throttle cable for a cleaner installation.

-Ken
Old 08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

I would put a cable on it. I have the ETC, the traction control system is ALWAYS turned off when I drive. In theory if you could tune the traction control or Active Handling that my C5 has, you could have traction control like an F1 car. Unfortunately it's either on or off, and when it is on, it kills all the power. The reality of the traction control systems; they are for the wife. Real men put their foot in it. Just my opinion.!! If you can find a way to tune that system please let me know.