Sponsored by:

Tuning guru's inside please....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tuning guru's inside please....

Here is the setup:
99' Z28, 01' z06 cam (unconfirmed- on car when bought), ls6 intake (unconfirmed- on car when bought), asp pulley, lid, FLP LT's, ORY, Hooker catback. Car is basically untuned. I run an Innovate Xd-1 Wideband. I have HPTuners, latest version.

Assuming that the previous owner was telling the truth (haha), and my car in fact does have the ls6 components on there, could I modify my stock tune to have parameters equal to an 01' z06 corvette?

By parameters I mean can I change the high/low octane tables, etc to the 01' z06 tables? What other areas can/should be changed to make my car run "better" with the modifications I have? If someone could give me some other tables which could be copied/pasted from the z06 bin, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read the computer, and see what settings are in it right now.
scan the car, see if it flow more air (LTFTs should be lean all over the place), and then adjust accordingly.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed. im assuming you're running the xd-1 with the lc1. If thats the case, there is no reason to 1/2 *** your tune by just going to the ls6 tables and copying them. Do it right the first time.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock 99 F-body spark tables are pretty aggressive, so if you're not getting knock retard then I doubt switching to the Z06 spark tables will help much. Plus, you're still on a less efficient LS1 head vs the LS6 head, so it probably still needs more timing (what you have now).