Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the HPP3 today.. questions... ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the HPP3 today.. questions... ***

Hopefully someone can help me with my questions.

Ok so the first question that the programmer asks you is "Press the "Y" Button to include Power Tuning based on premium gasoline", I hit "Y". The it asks me to select between RFG or non-RFG. I just hit Non-RFG because I always use 92 Octane. Is that okay or no?

Second question is it asks "Press Y to program engine cooling fan temperature range", I hit "Y". Then your allowed to select Stock 195, 180 Hypertech PowerStat or 160 Hypertech Powerstat. I have a stock thermostat, and I selected 180. Is that okay or no? Am I allowed to do 160 if I can do 180.

Thanks Erik
Old 08-16-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read the HPP3 book on the RFG.. from what i remember you DO non-rfg (say yes to) but i could be wrong

then the fan stuff, you can set your fans for the 180 and they will run more and keep your engine cooler than before. all the fan setting does there is lower your fan operating temps, which overall is a good thing; you just don't want your fans running all the time.

you WOULD NOT want to set your fans for a 160 thermostat, being that you have a stock thermostat. your fans would probably never cutoff (they would, just not for long)

so far you have done everything ok on the questions you have asked.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have a stock t-stat, select stock 195, not 180. Selecting 180 or 160 with a stock 195 t-stat installed will cause the fans to run all the time.
RFG stands for reformulated gas.