PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag and Service Vehicle Light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Bag and Service Vehicle Light?

I was driving and then all of a sudden these two lights came on and now won't shut off. When I start the car the Air Bag light flashes and then stays on along with the service vehicle light. I'm guessing some sensor is malfunctioning with the air bag.

I took it to chevy (mistake ) and now they're saying they can't find anything wrong. They're coming to that "service vehicle" light is because I have an aftermarket chip (that I have never installed for the two years that I've owned the car & also saying that my rear O2's are screwed up) some bullshit because I had my rear O2's tuned out and thought the SES light came on only if the rear O2's were having problems.

And they still can't find why the Air Bag light is on? Can a good tuner find what's wrong?

Anyone?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the module is flashing then it has codes stored, or it could be just a bad ground.

Usually if a "Tuner" has that happen to him is because there is an invalid tire size or rear end ratio that is not within the programmed range of that module.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

just got back with chevy and they said my SRI module shorted out and needs to be replaced? is this a common occurance? $350 for the part and rest for labor = about $850 = me getting brown holed by their fucken asses
Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

that is kinda high for labor i think. I can get to the part and replace it in less than 30 minutes.

Programming of that module is needed for it to get its vin number. But after that you are good to go. It may be cheaper for you to buy the part direct from an online Gm parts place and do it yourself, then take it to a dealer and have them update the module when it is in the car. That way it would only be 60.00 instead of 850
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

the thing is it already cost me 3 hours of diagnostic labor of them trying to find the problem for about $300

...thought might as well have them finish while it's there if i have to take it there anyway... but yes if i had to it again would have puchased the part online and take it in
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

3 hours to just plug in a scan tool and it show that error code? That dont make sense.

Quick Reply: Air Bag and Service Vehicle Light?