Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 won't go away...:-(

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 won't go away...:-(

After I installed my VIG 3200 (a couple months ago) I got a SES light. Code read "o2 slow response" both banks? I have replace both front sensors with o2's from a freinds car that I know are working because he had no SES before we took them out of his car during a header swap. I doubt it's from the converter but what else could be causing this? Is there a tuning issue here, a common wire connecting the two sensor banks that is shorted or perhaps I need new extensions... just spit balling here.

I want this light off. Any thoughts???????
Old 10-29-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your sig says SLP LTs. If your codes are P1133 and P1153, you will have to just set those codes to No Error Reported in the PCM. SLP LTs seem to cause lazy O2s and set those codes from my experiences. If they are other codes, you will need to post the actual numbers.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Thanks - I will get the numbers and see what they are. Can these be set with HPtunner?

Is this causing the car to run rich if the o2's are not responding correctly?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Hey, does an "no error report" do anything other than shut that code off? What I mean is will it actually delete the 02 completely of just eliminate the light????
Old 11-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Codes? Most likely an exhaust leak, however small, any extra O2 in the Heated Oxygen Sensors presence will cause inactivity codes. How do you have the collectors hooked up to the Y or X or whatever? I personally set out on the clamp grail years ago and came up no dice. Welded those bastards and no more codes. You can "turn off" the codes but you will still have issues. Most are afraid to weld em' up because they lack the skills to do so or are afraid of future maintenance needs to take em' down and whatnot. The bosch sensors are very sensitive. If you are depending on Closed Loop fueling operation then you must have the HO2s reporting correctly. Running around in Open loop fueling untuned is like chopping your nuts off before your bachelor party-horrible fueling, bad economy and poor power.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Interesting - I do have a leak in there. They ae not welded because I am one of those "pussies". I can get them welded but I fear Transmission problems.

I tried those 3" clamps but I still leak - It's a real bitch that SLP made such a beautiful header but put .50" collectors on the ends. I'm running stock o2's. Can a small leak really cause that. Other than the light the car seem to run fine.