Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an STS tune file for comparison/ fine tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default Looking for an STS tune file for comparison/ fine tuning

I purchased HP Tuners last July to tune my 2002 Camaro after adding a STS turbo. I worked on the tune for a couple weeks in SD mode before getting shipped off to Iraq.

Anyhow, I have some free time here and there to analyze the tuning work I did in those couple weeks as well as do research on tuning in general. I have around 16 or so hours of scan data I recorded and cross-referenced it to 18 different VE and spark table changes I made.

In the 2-weeks of tuning I did perform, I was able to get the car running much better. However, there's still work to be done. What I'm currently concerned with is that I don't have a very good VE table in the ..90 and .96 range. I recorded some knock retard in this range, but it's not consistent and the LTFT's show that the car is actually running a bit rich. (-6 to -7 on average in these cells) I know I'm on the right track, but something's just not quite right and I'd like to do some comparisons to "tweak" my tune and make it better.

I'm currently running at 5PSI, but have a TR224 cam + adjustable boost referenced FPR. Makes for a great beginner tuning project!

Anyhow, a bit long, but if anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post tunes and logs, we'll take a look at them, i did one STS with 5psi, i'd love to compare notes
Old 11-05-2006, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
post tunes and logs, we'll take a look at them, i did one STS with 5psi, i'd love to compare notes
I can't attach the tune or log file.....says it's an invalid file type when trying to upload. If you PM me with an E-mail address, I can send it that way.