Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

predator question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default predator question

i have the oppurtunity to get a predator hand held that is used. it is off a 2000 corvette. my question is will it work on my car and he still has his stock info in it. He does not need it back because he got a custom tune. will i be able to use it with his info in it.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Smile

I have played with the Predator between an 04 vette and 05 Silverado.

From my experience. The Predator "vin-locks" on a specific vehicle until you restore the original tune with the Predator. So the question is: Did he restore the original tune before he got the custom tune? If not, the Predator is locked to his PCM. I believe that, for a fee, Diablo will reset the device for you.

Good luck
Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Launching!

If it still has his stock tune than it is no good to anybody except his car.

It depends on the software level. I just bought a Predator from a friend and it worked on mine perfect. I have software level 2.11. That level did have some glitches but not alot. I have taken it out of my car since I blowed the rear bearings and it is now in my 02 2500 hd 6.0L, until I have time to fix my car.

If he did not return the stock tune to the car and it is still in the predator than Diablo will not unlock it. I have already called and asked. The performance tune had to be reinstalled back into it before they will unlock it. I hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Sorry my post is a little confusing. I got your question confused with the reply you got.

If his stock tune is in it than it isn't any good except for him. Diablo will not unlock it.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These answers are all correct. If the tune is not restored to the Vette putting it back to stock, then the unit can not be used on another vehicle for tuning. He'd be well advised to keep it in case he ever needs a new tune or to make changes to his custom tune.
Also, used Predators are not covered under the factory warranty, yet a new one has a lifetime warranty.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Launching!

thanks that is very helpful guys
Old 11-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Launching!

i found out he did restore the stock tune before the custom tune. i wan't to if the diablo from a corvette will work on my TA
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
On the tree

Go to www.diablosport.com and check out the part #.

i have one on my 2001 Formula, like it so far. Johan@diablosport.com has built me a couple of tunes due to some issues I had with my tuner.

I am getting ready to send mine in for a firmware upgrade, the newer version does alot more than what the original one does.

They are VIN locked, you can check the unit the find out what tine is in the unit. Once you know for sure the factory tune was put back in the car Diablo will reset it for $75 last time I checked. Johan's email address is in my above paragraph.