Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hpp3 And Granatelli

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpp3 And Granatelli

question about both.....I got a 98 SS full bolt ons ( Magnaflow Exhaust, Tsp ORY, Pacesetter Headers, Asp Pulley, Slp LId, Ls6 INtake, S2 tb, Hpp3, Granatelli Maf, ) and I dynoed at 338/ 351 which i feel is pretty low...I think the HPP3 is holding me back like a lot of people say. The only reason I really like it is because I can turn on my fans quicker in the summer and later in the winter. And I also can tune it for my gears. Oh and I have it tuned for 93 octane RVG (forgot what its called). Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I leave the 93 octane tune in there since I use premium? thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I would sell the two and use the funds to purchase one of the top two tuning suites. Teh GMAF makes the engine run lean from my experience, the HPP3 will primarily increase timing which will require higher octane. I would not use both, you are better off IMHO to just purchase a tuning program and be able to adjust anything you want whenever you want.

Using a tuning software, I have seen many 350-360 rwhp results from similar (m6) setups as your's.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get a tuning suite either HPTuners or EFI LIVE I can help ya, and I'm sure we all will up here. If you have Efi live I can email you some of the MAP files and what not so you want have to make them. the whole autove tune, etc