Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B4C Police Option ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B4C Police Option ?

Hey guys....I got this guy that want's to race my Z28. He's got a B4C Police Interceptor car. It's only got am exhaust set up on it...everything else is B4C Stock. He thinks he can smoke me with his Cop Car. So....I got his VIN and ran it here at work and the only thing I see diffrent from a stock car is the B4C option.

Can someone elaborate on exactly what is the extent of the B4C option. I called my guys at GM and he told em it was nothing but a hopped up Tune in the PCM. So...exactly what does that consist of? I only know that it enables your car to Top Speed at 170mph. Other than that...I don;t know.

My car is modded all to hell, and this cat thinks he's gonna school me.....I doubt it.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm me the vin, ill check the build.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Calibration was identical to a stock z28. No changes at all where made to the calibration. It has a top speed limiter of 160 still also.

The difference of B4c is Calibrated Speedo, higher amp altenator, Fear to many speeders, Bigger amp Battery.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
Calibration was identical to a stock z28. No changes at all where made to the calibration. It has a top speed limiter of 160 still also.

The difference of B4c is Calibrated Speedo, higher amp altenator, Fear to many speeders, Bigger amp Battery.
Thanx for that.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

from Wiki...

B4C is Chevrolet's Special Equipment Options (SEO) code for a "Special Service" police package Camaro. The B4C package has heavier-duty (HD) features over a non-police vehicle as well as some options specific to the installation of police equipment. The Chevrolet Camaro B4C option has been available since 1991 when it was introduced. Some other Chevrolet vehicle models are designated by another SEO code, known as 9C1 for the Caprice, Tahoe, and Nova Police vehicles.

HD features include oversized front and rear sway bars; high-output alternator; larger (in years after 1991) four-wheel disc brakes; separate engine, power steering and transmission oil coolers; certified 145 MPH speedometer. Most of the heavier duty option parts come from a combination of parts from both the regular Z28 and the racing and handling package of the special 1LE option list.

Along with the demise of the Camaro and Firebird, the B4C option was produced until 2002, when it died with them.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

The options for the 1998 up DID NOT include A beefed up suspension. "Only the 1le option did"

Only the 1991 era. I had a few of them that i had bought from the chicago highway department. They just had a few things different. But the engines always where the same as a stock z28.