PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who feels like teaching a class?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who feels like teaching a class?

Here are a few quotes taken from a good friends car website he is on, one of his friends had this to say about the whoe V8 - four cylinder debate.

and I quote
"speak for yourself. i know several 4 cylinders that eat v8's on a regular basis.

this time next year after im forged, you can add me to the list.

sam, if you see this, about our conversation lastnight, looks like i found my reason for going for 500whp"

another guy pulling a IMO a ricr comment "im sure our friend w/ his 600+whp daily driver ???? would disagree on reliability... when tuned and built right any car can last long"

our guy again "if you spend the money, you can have 500whp on a fwd and still be reliable. would i daily drive at that power? no, there's no need for it.

reliability is in the tune and quality parts. i dont plan on more than 10lbs daily if that much at all. there are too many cops on the way to work so i hit 60mph and put the cruise on.

im very well aware of what it takes to be reliable. i've been doing this for 7 years. im willing to bet that a sport compact tuner knows more about modding a car than a v8 guy. it doesn't take much for you guys. how many gto's have forced induction?? can you look at a flow chart and not go wtf? anyone running a standalone and custom maps?

i just can't stand how v8 guys think they're high and mighty when they don't know ****.

lastnight, sam was telling me to go for big power and i just dont need that. i'd rather hit a road course than a drag strip. but the more v8 guys i run into, the more i get the urge to knock em off.

and the ???? purextc is talking about, he's at 800hp.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...d=18002 91700"

some one respinded with this "By all means, everything has it's place, but for drag racing, big cubes and big tires are ideal.

Every type of car has it's place and anytime you want to put it into another place, you have to spend money" and this guy responded like this

"that's the thinking that gets you left behind"

the web site is dfwmazdas.com and it is in the laps for charity thread(go figure he starts a sqwable in that thread"

I am an old school guy that know the place of V8 - four cylinder. When he started talking fuel maps, and forced induction, that is not something I know. I am a N/A guy and this gets deep. The knowledge of this guy is not as much as he wants you to know. If we could jsut send someone from one of the turbo schools to do some education and fix his mentallity, that would be super. we hang out on occassion through friends, and is always boasting his mazda 3. Enjoy guys, i hope to enjoy this school lesson. I have been out for almost a year, and am eager to learn. Tyler
Old 05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

So this guy drives a Mazda 3 and is acting like hes the god of tuning? Super duper. There are plenty of people on here running custom os's. There are also plenty of FI-GTOs. Hell, let him have at some of the dfw trailblazers..

However, most people know better enough not to argue with an idiot. Its quite obvious he is swimming in "de nile". There are so many people that say "oh next year this or that". Its mostly bullshit, let them live the fantasy.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to
fish and the son of a bitch will ruin your favorite fishing
spot.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... sounds like me when I achieved my first Network certs ... used to get around people who didn't know the language and teminology. I talked in words they did not understand to impress them and they thought I was a genius. Truth was, I was not confident in my kowledge because I had very little real world experience.

Now, I don't talk about it at all except to help others who are starting out. Now, I didn't even let on like I know anything. Maybe this guy is not very confident about his tuning abilities. Maybe he knows what he's doing tuning 4-cylinder vehicles, but, I smell a rat and I don't plan on owning a 4-cyclinders, so, I'll just keep those folks away from my V-8 ... UNLESS THEY OWN A GM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

What network certs? If you are talking about Cisco cert.. That **** is tough..