Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techies..I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techies..I need your help

I want to throw this out and see if someone else has the same problems and if a tune can fix it. I just got my 395 together and got it running. It has a base tune from the previous 346 except the fuel distribution has been changed. It makes good horsepower and drives fine on the highway. If I'm cruising at say 70 ( 2100 rpm ) and take my foot of the gas it takes forever for it to start decelerating. It acts like it is on cruise control. I hit the brake and slow down to 50 - same thing - it cruises at 50 for a while. In town driving is non existing. I have to ride the brake and give it gas so it won't die at stop signs, lights or whenever I slow down enough to make a turn. If the car is in Park it idles at 950-975ish and I can turn the A/C on without it dying. But as soon as I put it in gear "R" or "D", it starts surging and dies if I don't hold the brake and push the gas. This is very frustrating, especially in high traffic. I'm glad it atleast starts right back up. So.....are their any takers on what is going on. All mods are listed in sig below.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Those all sound like normal (although a little extreme) examples of tuning issues that any competent tuner should be able to fix for you. Of course it is possible that you may have a vacuum leak or other minor mechanical issue, but it really doesn't sound like anything serious at all.