Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help help help.......I'm pissed

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy help help help.......I'm pissed

The guy that tuned my car is 4 hours away. He used efi live, and locked the damn computer. Didn't bother to tell me this at the time. Now 18 months later I up grade the turbo and injectors and guess what?? It's an 8 hour drive to get it changed. Is there anyway to get by this without just reflashing the computer at the dealership and starting all over again? What a waste of money..................I'm friggin pissed!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Restricted User

First thing to do is to talk to the tuner and see if he will send you the unlock key. If he is willing to send you the key, but he no longer has the key then he can recover it by contacting EFILive (support@efilive.com). The tuner needs to supply EFILive with three items of information:
1. His FlashScan serial number.
2. Your vehicle's PCM serial number.
3. The encrypted unlock key that matches the PCM's serial number. That encrypted key can be found in the file: \My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bins\PCMLocks.ini on the computer's hard drive that was used to flash and lock the PCM.

If the tuner will not send you the key to unlock the PCM, then I guess it's something you'll need to negotiate with him. Worst case probably involves sending the PCM back to him to get unlocked and re-flashed back to stock.

Regards
Paul
Old 07-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Launching!

thank you!