Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubles w/bank 1 lean condition

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubles w/bank 1 lean condition

Okay so I purchased my '00 SS last January. The car ran fine for a few weeks then I power washed my motor, that night the car had a bad vacuum leak at the EGR port on the intake mani. It seems the previous owner did the EGR mod, but the gromit/gasket was not seating correctly and the pressure/air moved it around. I rigged it up with some type and got it to seal, but kept having issues every once in a while (month or so).

Symptoms: irratic idle, high idle, MIL (but I could reset and fix things).

On to the newest thing, I just had a clutch installed and after the install the car had trouble starting and idling. I thought nothing of it since I'd been down this path before. I got in the car drove maybe 5 minutes and the MIL was one. I got home disconnected the battery and let it set for a while. Took it for a ride and within 5-10 miles it was back on. I then went home and tried a temp fix again. Let the car sit over night with the battery unplugged. Drove the next day and within 20 minutes it was on again. I got pissed, I had ordered the Speed Inc, EGR plugs a week or so back and also had the EGR stuff turned off by a local tuner. I pulled all the EGR stuff off and capped everything. I have no leaks on the plug in the intake mani, the headers are capped with RTV to seal. I reset the computer and started driving today and made it less then 5 miles before the MIL.

I looked under the car to make sure everything was connected and all the O2 sensors are connected and things look okay. I then check everything under the hood, but can't find anything.

I had the code check and it stated lean condition in bank 1. This is the same code I received before, but I have no idea why. It appears I have a vacuum leak, but why would it show up right after a clutch install?

Any help would be appreciated, I was told it was the O2 sensor and the past EGR issues were masking it. I'm not sure it that would be the case since the )2's wouldn't just go bad after a clutch install.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Anyone?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

code 0134
Old 09-08-2007, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0134- Bank 1 Sensor 1 insufficient activity

That is your upstream, driverside O2 sensor.
Is the code new since the clutch install?
The connector is located near the motor mount on the driverside. Check that.

Last edited by thunderdan74; 09-08-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

yeah, it ended up being a bad leftside/driverside O2. I replaced both the left and right side since I was down there. Fixed issues and car runs great, one thing that was weird is that the left bank was really lean and the right bank was really rich, I was told by my tuner it was strange to see it like that.

Either way it's fixed now, I just kept chasing down vacuum leaks which sucked.
Later