Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick dyno tuning questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick dyno tuning questions.

after my pacesetters come in im going to take the car to my local dyno and try to get my numbers up alittle. But i was curious, how do the tuning people from places like new era and other things make alot better power in just 3-4 pulls. Is it as simple as plugging in a new afr to the stoich? 14.6:1 is stock, should i try and lower that a bit, maybe get around 13.0:1 or so? im using HP tuners. I want to try and get the most out of my few pulls
Old 12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't want to change stoich to change your wot fueling, use your wot fueling tables ie pe & maf if you just want to quickly things get done, btw doing it quickly & doing it correctly are usually far different things

Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
after my pacesetters come in im going to take the car to my local dyno and try to get my numbers up alittle. But i was curious, how do the tuning people from places like new era and other things make alot better power in just 3-4 pulls. Is it as simple as plugging in a new afr to the stoich? 14.6:1 is stock, should i try and lower that a bit, maybe get around 13.0:1 or so? im using HP tuners. I want to try and get the most out of my few pulls
Do yourself a huge favor and spend a month or two reading here and the HPT forums before you rush off to the dyno
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there any way i can increase all of the values 1 or 2 degrees in the table? or do i have to do it all individually?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tblu92
The Stoich. AFR of 14.63 is only used in "closed loop fueling" which is part throttle operaton--that can't be changed -- there is no reason to change it anyway as an engine is most efficient at 14.63 anyway
HP gains and tuning for Mods such as headers are done mostly during the "power enrichment " mode or WOT (open loop)--typically an LS1 engine comes STOCK with an AFR of 11.4 during PE-----setting that to a leaner 12.8 will produce more power---The other most used area is the timing table where 2-3 degrees are added throughout the table to increase power and throttle reponse
the stoich value is actually used in all aspects of fueling, from the PE multiplier, to the open loop fueling. You want this to reflect the fuel you are running.

As a fun experiment, set your OLFA table to 1.0 and then change the stoich value with your real time tuning software/hardware.

Ryan