PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

No Spark No Start 408 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No Spark No Start 408 Conversion

Recenty did a 408 LS conversion to my 95 camaro, was running for a month.
2 weeks ago, it rained all week I started it up and it ran fine. Let it sit until the rain cleared and then i went to drive it and it wont start. It first fired up like it was on 4 cylinders so i shut it down and restarted it, had the same problem again so i shut it down a second time, went to restart it and will not fire over. checked the coils for spark with a screwdriver, and did not find any. I pulled the plugs and they were wet with fuel so i popped the injector fuses out and cranked it over. checked the crank signal wires and they all have the correct continuity and voltage values. Replaced the crank sensor, and still no luck. Does anyone else have any ideas? im wondering if my pcm is bad.

and to think i went with the ls1 to eliminate the water sensitive optispark.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe coils are bad i was just having issues with my ride i bought a set of coils and it wasnt the problem so i have a spare set laying around if it your coils let me know and you can get mine
good luck finding the problem
Old 01-12-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has the harness been modified, and if so, were the holes where wires were removed from the pcm connections sealed? I have seen several posts where people get water in there and have problems.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

yes i did remove some of the factory wires, looked like they were sealed up but i guess not, its miserable outside so ill have to wait out this next cold rain bs another week. i covered the pcm up from getting any more water from leaking on the c1 and c2's
Old 01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

nope no traces of water in the pcm connector
edit
stupid mistake, the car did have spark, just hard to see in sunlight, turns out the car flooded it self, never knew efi could do that, was runnin way rich tho, pulled plugs, pulled ign fuse, and fuel pump relay, turned car over a few times and let it sit, put a different set of plugs in it and it started right up.

Last edited by CamaroRick; 03-27-2008 at 10:48 PM.