Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need wideband install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need wideband install help

i need some help installing my wideband. its a plx i got from edo in the group buy. i can not figure out how to install it, and i am not one to go cutting wires and soldering. i need to be able to hook it into HP tuners, i do not need the guage to be run.

can anyone help me out? ive tried asking on hptuners' site, its about worthless. no everyone has one installed, no one seems to know how to do it though
Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are u haveing a problem? Do you have the pro cable? If so you need to find the analog output and connect it to the cable. To have ask to big a question. You need to look at the manuals for both and as if u get stuck. Try installing it and if you have probs ask.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
Where are u haveing a problem? Do you have the pro cable? If so you need to find the analog output and connect it to the cable. To have ask to big a question. You need to look at the manuals for both and as if u get stuck. Try installing it and if you have probs ask.
where do i need help? how about the entire thing lol. i dont know where to tap into for power, i dont know where i should ground, yes i have the pro version, still dont know what to put in there. im not very good with electronic ****, especially hooking it up... unless its a stereo. basically, it came with a bunch of worthless wires, the instructions are junk and very unclear. a 1st grade could have written better.

on top of that, i cant get the damn cable for the wideband into the cabin. there is no hole in my firewall, and i am hoping i dont have to take out the pcm and run it through that hole. i will be pissed.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Fill out your location information. Perhaps someone nearby will take pity on you and come over and show you how to do it, or even do it for a Guinness.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Billf6531
Fill out your location information. Perhaps someone nearby will take pity on you and come over and show you how to do it, or even do it for a Guinness.
sorry, but dont want to advertise my location. thanks for the tip though. guess ill struggle through installing it myself or pay someone.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by red99ls1ta
sorry, but dont want to advertise my location. thanks for the tip though. guess ill struggle through installing it myself or pay someone.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

i got mine installed this afternoon, after we took to pillar off we found 3 wires, one we used for power, the other was ground, and the third stayed unused, it was pretty simple once we got all that finished up....that sucks that you dont have a hole in the firewall, mine was on the same side as the o2 bung, install was easy as hell
Old 01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Check out my installation including pictures and descriptions:
http://rdmelton.autoeducation.com/ca.../wideband.html

For the power and ground wires, the easiest place is probably the radio or the lighter socket(s).

For getting the o2 sensor cable into the cabin, there's a hole in the passenger floorboard (see the link above).

For connecting to HP tuners, you can directly connect it to one of the auxiliary inputs on the HPtuners since you have the pro version or you can also connect it to the EGR (see the link above), but you'll probably get a better logging rate using the direct connection into the HPtuners unit.

Let me know if you have more specific questions after checking out my website.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

linkie no workie