PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many use Diablosport tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many use Diablosport tuners?

I know it's not the first choice as I know a custom tune is the best way to go. Last week I decided to hook up my programmer and check a few things. Ever since I got the tuner, I've had problems with knock retard. Then I started learning about long term fuel trims. I was running between 7%-8% at cruise, which was making me run lean up top. I changed my injector slope to -9%, which brought my long terms cruising to -1.56 and -.78. I noticed at this point my knock retard went away and I was able to set my WOT timing back to 0%, even on 91 octane using the 93 octane Predator tune. I couldn't believe the difference. The tires broke lose at 20mph and kicked lose pretty hard on the 1-2 shift. The mix of running lean and the car pulling timing was really killing this car up top. I know it's not the most precise way of tuning a car, but I was impressed with the results on a bone stock '04 GTO A4. Anyone else just use the canned tune? I didn't realize how much I was missing out on until I learned what the sensors were telling me and I learned how to tune my car.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any time you can use feedback from the PCM to help dial in the tune, it is going to help as long as it is done properly, as you have seen.
Its a simple tool, but lets you do what you need and keeps you from getting into trouble at the same time.

Keep in mind that custom tuning is an option as well, through any of our CMR dealers.

Thanks
Mike