Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck ECU

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default truck ECU

long story short im doing a build for another vehicle and will need an ECU for it. From what Ive found, apparently I can use the ECU's from the 99-00 1500 series trucks etc. Only question is, is there any way I can flash this myself to make it work? I do have HPTuners, but just a vin locked version. What would it take to do this myself, or what does it cost to get done. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by aNuBiS
long story short im doing a build for another vehicle and will need an ECU for it. From what Ive found, apparently I can use the ECU's from the 99-00 1500 series trucks etc. Only question is, is there any way I can flash this myself to make it work? I do have HPTuners, but just a vin locked version. What would it take to do this myself, or what does it cost to get done. Thanks!
Any 99-02 LSx PCM will work, from Trucks, F-bodys or Vettes.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 AM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

Originally Posted by aNuBiS
I do have HPTuners, but just a vin locked version. What would it take to do this myself, or what does it cost to get done. Thanks!
if it is a used ECU that has a stock tune in it, you will need to license that ECU vin(two credits=100bucks) and do a VAT relink,then copy/past tables from old tune as needed or start from scratch to retune with your HP software, if it is a new ECU it has to be flashed with a stock tune by a TECH2 at the dealer befor you can do anything with it.