Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sct flash anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sct flash anyone use it?

my local speed shop (all about performance) says they can chassis tune my car but i would need to buy a sct tuner first. i searched on here and google and all that keeps coming up is people using them on mustangs, does anyone use them on their ls1? how are they? all i've got is a muffler and k&n, with the tune what kind of power should i see. I'm basically just looking for ls1 user reviews.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SCT is well known for their Ford software, but they have ls1 tuning software as well. You do need to buy the hardware, but you can have up to 3 custom tunes, and keep your stock tune stored as well.

It is just tuning software for the ls1 cars, so your tuner will have to tune the car, (or contact tech support to get a base tune made for you)

My opinion is biased , but I have used it on my car for the past couple of years.

Ryan
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We sell/use SCT for Fords, because we have to. They make LS tuning too expensive. If you want the ability to flash different tunes to your car, it may be a good idea. But for the expense, I'll go with HPT or EFIlive.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

but this is the only place i know of around me that i can get a chassis tune done and the tuner is $375 i think i may just dump the cash into it after i get my trans and rear serviced.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've actually got many choices in NJ & its surrounding areas from harris speed to TTP to cartek, etc. I've honestly never heard of the place your referring to so take it fwiw.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I bet you if they only have SCT they are a Ford tuning facility and from what i have seen most ford tunes who do not do a bunch of GM tuning apply the base ford tuning principles to GM and that usually leaves much to be desired.
I would suggest that you look for a GM shop.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well actually they are into a mix of cars. The owner has everything from trans am to an original Shelby mustang power joke truck and his race car is a Chevy 2 nova. The shop tuner tunes ford GM import he's got a turbo acura that when its done will be pushing 40psi. He ran 12.0 on only 14psi lol. They are into all of it. I was told that slp isn't that far from me and that they can tune but would I need to buy a tuner? I'm in south jersey next to camden and Philly and aap is only 5 mins away so its the closest dyno to me.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yeah thats a general statement, there are always exceptions, but i have seen it happen quite a bit.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

another option is http://www.raceprovenmotorsports.net/contact.html they are a sponsor here & probably the closest sponsor to you and not that far from philly.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the SCT stuff for ford, dodge and chevy handhelds. It has all the tables needed and it does just fine for anything i need and more. The ability to send a customer a handheld when requested so they can flip between programs and octane, or options is nice to have when they request it. I love the ford part as they have files that get you really close to what it needs to be, then you just fine tune it using the handheld when you are on the dyno. Add spark or pull spark, add fuel ect...
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned

Have been using the SCT Advantage III software for Fords for a few years now, and it is a very nice software package, and their tech support is probably the best in the business. I'm sure their GM software is just as nice. The idea of being able to have three tunes plus your stock tune is nice to have, especially for those running nitrous or boost. But that does raise the cost another $379 or so. The one thing I must say about SCT is that their Livewire Scanner has much to be desired compared to HPTuner's Scanner.

Quick Reply: sct flash anyone use it?