PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

ls1 to ls2 swap. no tach

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 to ls2 swap. no tach

Ok here we go.. I have done a ls1 to ls2 swap. after everything is back together I don't have a tach now. I called John at tsp and he told me the wires on the cam sensor needed to be switched and I done so.I still have no tach. when hooked to the EFI live I can read rpm's so the computer is reading rpm's I just don't have anything to the tach on the dash. is there anything I could have forgotten to hook up that would run the tach in the car? ground wire maybe? I have checked over and over and can't find anything not hooked up.. Any help would be great thanks !
Old 03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Check it again. I have ran into this exact problem. It was the cam sensor wires. I thought I had mine correct as well but 2 wires were crossed. Just take your time and check again.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Ok is there any way I can get more detail on where the wires are supposed to go? It's the front two that swap right? Forgive me it has been a while since I done mine.I know I have the right cam gear because I have pics of the one I put in. I'm trying to come up with the money to have outlaw transmission(aka mad dog) build me another transmission. He is going to cover the warranty but I have to come up with the money for parts.I'm excited to get it going again as the track starts here april 27th.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

I need to know this also,,, correct me if I'm wrong,,, its the cam sensor that gets moved to the front of the block on a swap from LS1 to LS2.

So if the tach does not work, which wires do I switch?
Old 03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yes this is true, I had to switch the cam sensor to the front and when I talked to John with tsp he told me to switch the wires on the harness around but it has been a while since I done it. My car has been down since october trying to get a transmisssion that will hold.