Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ve... Wot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ve... Wot?

I am familiar with the tuning of the VE. The question lies in how do I effectively tune my WOT cells. I am asking because the upper WOT cells are never very far off mark. Every sticky and thread I have read recommend logging at easy throttle with multiple cell hits. It is very hard to get all the WOT cells in this manner. Am I better off to lock in gear and bounce the cells in the 4-6K range (ie light throttle in and out to go up and down the chart)? Or does WOT enter open loop and use the 02s for fueling in the higher cells thus not referencing VE tables. I am using HPTuners and a LC1. I turn off CL, Disable PE, and Disable DFCO and I am running a SD tune. Sorry for all the questions, the car will be coming out soon.....

THANKS!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope you are setting your a/f ratio to 12.7 or so. When u disable PE you disable PE. When you disable CL your commanded A/F ratio should = you actual. Log commanded to actual in a histogram. Paste the error using add to VE. Drive normal for 1/2 hour and do 3 or 4 wot runs.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Awesome! Thanks for the verification. I have read most of the stickies here and on HPT but just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. So you suggest not bothering trying to get as many cells up top? Just drive normal and a couple WOT runs should cover it, right? THANKS!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look at them all. Try to get as many as you can, but you never get them all. You will get most and the fuel trims will fix the rest.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

You do not need to disable PE. When I was tuning my high rpm cells I never disabled PE. If you leave PE enabled, you'll still get the correct lambda value to correct your VE's. For example with PE on, in the high rpm range your A/F will be, say 12.7, this will be your commanded, and then you'll be logging this vs your actual to get your lambda. If you turn your PE off then you'll be operating dangerously lean for these rpm's. When I tuned my car, I drove around for a little over an hour for each tune, do WOT pulls, pulls from a roll, and then sustained high rpm levels, along with normal driving. Do this a few times and your VE's will be perfect for the type of driving that you'd normally do. So, in short if you tune your car for whichever situations that you think you might get into while driving, then once you get into that situation, your car will be perfectly tuned for it.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I do is disable CL and DFCO. Thats all that is needed to prevent false readings comparing Actual to Commanded. Changing commanded AFR's just for VE tuning is totally un necessary when using a WB and appropriate filters.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:26 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, that makes sense! Thanks for the helpful hints.
J