Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning my ls1 nova

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning my ls1 nova help

hey guys, i am starting to tune my ls1 nova. i took it to the track today and done some logging with my wideband. do you have any idea why my map sensors stay at 10 kpa all the time. my wideband was reading 10.33 at wot. i got a mail order tune a while back and now i am tring to tweak it. where is a good place to start to lean this thing out. it is a cam only car. it is always had the map sensor code but i figure it was normal for a cammed car. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by speedyblue; 04-19-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

i need to figure out why the map stays the same in all conditions as that is why i am dumping fuel. any ideas. i replaced the sensor and checked the wires nothing changed.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

ok i found my problem with the map sensor. the green wire going back to the pcm was broke now i am getting feed back from the sensor. at wot i was commanding a 11.43 with a 1.28 eg ratio. my widband was still reading 10.3 changed the eq ratio to 1.15 comanding a 12.7 and i my wideband is still reading 10.3. i calibrated my wideband every time i go to the track.how do i check the acurracy of this sensor. any advice would be greatly appreciated. i am trying to learn this tuning stuff but it is confusing the heck out of me. also since this is mainly a track car do you think taking of the maf and doing a sd tune would be a good idea,