PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with my HPtuners, can somebody help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Problem with my HPtuners, can somebody help me out?

Well i've been using my laptop for my 2002 firebird bc it keeps on throwing a thermostat code and the temp guage would stop working. So I would just plug in my laptop clear the code and the temp guage would work again for a lil while. So I just kep doing this until I guess I can replace the thermostat on it, but now my HPtuners doesn't want to connect to my firebird anymore. Whenever I plug in the laptop to the diagnostic port and turn on my VCM scanner. Then I will hit "Start Scanning" like usually. Well now a window pops up and tells me "The Interface was found but no power is detected" or something along those lines. Then tells me to make sure everything is plugged in and the power is on to the car. Well I know the power is on i've tried leaving the car running and just turning the key to the acc position, and it keeps telling me the same thing. Anybody ever had this kind of problem with their HPtuners? If so could you please lead me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you plug the cable into the DLC directly , w/out connecting to the laptop, do any LEDs light up? If not, check your cig lighter fuse
Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sounds like a blown cig lighter fuse.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Alright, that makes sense bc I was wondering why my air pump wasn't working when I had it plugged in.. Thanks guys, cant believe i'm that stupid . I just thought the air pump went out, and its the damn fuse. Thanks alot guys..