Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev-limit question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev-limit question

Im going to have my car shiped by military shippers and i know they like to have some fun with the cars why they have them. I have an idea to take all the fun away though and thats to plug in my handheld programer and set the rev-limit for o 2000 rpm or so. Just enough so they can drive around. Now the question is, if they decide to get racy with the car and beat up the limiter, even with the rpm so low, will it break anything or hurt the motor.

V/R
Chris
Old 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
Im going to have my car shiped by military shippers and i know they like to have some fun with the cars why they have them. I have an idea to take all the fun away though and thats to plug in my handheld programer and set the rev-limit for o 2000 rpm or so. Just enough so they can drive around. Now the question is, if they decide to get racy with the car and beat up the limiter, even with the rpm so low, will it break anything or hurt the motor.

V/R
Chris

I did it to my lt1 when it was ship to germany. Poor basterds had a tough time puttin it on the truck. I had mine set at 2k with a six speed When I went to pick it up they said i turned it in broken and they where not going to cover the charges. The guy said it wont rev over 2k and it made a poppin noise. I said ok took out my HPP plug it in and boom all fix he was pisst !!!! No joy rides in the z BEEEEEYATCH! and no it wont hurt nothin but if you have cats and they stand on it alot then it will hurt your cats from the fuel.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

The cats are f***ed anyway. They ended up getting loaded up and blowing all the junk on the inside out of the tail pipe. Neatest color orange i ever saw. And they took forever to cool down.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When I got my car shipped the last time I gave it a 2500rpm limiter and pulled a **** load of timing so it was a complete slug to drive. It was so gutless that when I picked it up I couldn't bring myself to even drive it home like that without flashing in my normal tune.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:28 AM
TECH Resident

LMAO!!!! thats exactly why I have my own tuning tool, for the option of preventing ANYONE else from doing crap to my car