Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo egr delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablo egr delete

Hello im new to the site, i post on ls1.com a lot, but im not getting any restults to my question and hoping somone here can shead some light, i have exhausted myself on searching also,
I have a 01 silverado with a 5.3, i just topped it off with a 78mm fast intake, i have a diablo tuner, wich i have had sent to sts turbos and their tune on it to accept the turbo and set it up when its installed, tech dept said i can turn the egr and the 02 sensors off with it no problem, My problem is, i cannot find the codes to delete them, i cannot find where to switch them off. what am i exactally looking for, any help is appriciated
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by blackout5.3
Hello im new to the site, i post on ls1.com a lot, but im not getting any restults to my question and hoping somone here can shead some light, i have exhausted myself on searching also,
I have a 01 silverado with a 5.3, i just topped it off with a 78mm fast intake, i have a diablo tuner, wich i have had sent to sts turbos and their tune on it to accept the turbo and set it up when its installed, tech dept said i can turn the egr and the 02 sensors off with it no problem, My problem is, i cannot find the codes to delete them, i cannot find where to switch them off. what am i exactally looking for, any help is appriciated
I need to know what revision is on your Predator first off please.

Thanks
Mike
Old 08-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Teching In

v.9r02 but it has been sent to sts to have their revisions updated in it, before it was just a basic u7198
Old 08-26-2008, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

you can not disable that stuff yourself... those options have been removed in the latest tools, due to EPA Regulations...

you will need to send them a copy of your tune file to get a custom tune created - they can disable the stuff in a custom tune.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Yeah, I would imagine the guys at STS can write you a tune to do this, if not, let me know...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Teching In

ok sts installed the egr delete in their program, i got the truck fired up this morning and it runs Horriable, i have adjusted the spark up and down with little help, takes forever for it to find a smooth idle but once it does it will idle, but it will not go over 3500 rpm then it just sounds like the rev limiter and then it starts chokin out, and if you get on the road it will go over 3500 and still pull but its gutless then it feel like its missing going down the road if you get it under a load until it downshifts and then it will continue to pull, but not hard
Old 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by blackout5.3
ok sts installed the egr delete in their program, i got the truck fired up this morning and it runs Horriable, i have adjusted the spark up and down with little help, takes forever for it to find a smooth idle but once it does it will idle, but it will not go over 3500 rpm then it just sounds like the rev limiter and then it starts chokin out, and if you get on the road it will go over 3500 and still pull but its gutless then it feel like its missing going down the road if you get it under a load until it downshifts and then it will continue to pull, but not hard
Sounds like they may have missed something inthe tune...make sure they start with the same tune you had and just turn off the EGR settings.

Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Diablo egr delete