Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone look over my logs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyone look over my logs?

I have a 93 SD Z28 with a pcmforless tune currently to just get things in the ball park. I'm going to send this to them tomorrow as well.

Thanks in advance...

Oh and my general complaint is that the car is very rich IMO. No crazy smoking but after warm it will puff a bit which I believe is fuel. It is much richer on open loop. Notice how the o2's don't seem to switch much, is this normal?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12...irst%20Run.csv
Old 08-28-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Wow I haven't seen an Autotap log in years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Integrator is Short Term adjustments and Block Learn is Long Term adjustments. a 128 value in OBD I is the equivalent of 0; or no correction needed. Lower numbers mean richer, higher numbers indicate leaner (similar to negative and positive numbers for the later PCM's). It's definitely rich, but I can't say how much because I'm used to looking at percentages, not absolute numbers like that. In some cells the "I" values is around 80 which I would guess is very rich. I could dig around some older books to find out. Have you shown these to anyone who has OBD I datalogging experience?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for looking. I have them posted here and there and sent them to my tuner. Yes they are indeed old since my car uses and EPROM and SD. The car is no doubt rich I just need to figure out if it's safe to drive on while I wait for revisions from the tuner.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

I pulled an older book and it reads "Normal operating range for Integrator/short term fuel trim is 115-141 which is plus or minus 10%." It also has a scale for Block Learn/Integrate which indicates 102 is -20% rich and 77 is -40% rich. I noticed there was a range of cells close too that, so yes you are way too rich. I wouldn't drive it until the tune is fixed. Check the oil for raw gas just to make sure.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:56 AM
12 Second Club

The oil no doubt had been already getting fuel infested. Can I ask where you get those books like that. I want to learn but am having trouble finding good information online.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by connexion2005
The oil no doubt had been already getting fuel infested. Can I ask where you get those books like that. I want to learn but am having trouble finding good information online.
..x2 ..
Old 08-29-2008, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by connexion2005
Always good to see someone willing to learn themself instead of relying on others. Here is the book I was referring to. Probably the best source on GM-specific EFI. Even though it's for 82-01 cars, it actually goes in depth on actual GM strategies and theories which some are still in place today. It doesn't cover tuning, but focuses on the operational aspect of EFI. The author worked closely with GM engineers so it's not simply his point of view or opinion, but rather fact. You can also get it at Barnes and Noble.

http://www.amazon.com/Corvette-Injec.../dp/0837608619