Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Car Wont Start. VATS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Car Wont Start. VATS?

My car was running fine and I went to go start it one day and nothing. All the Electronics come on but the starter does nothing. I Did some research and found it could be the key switch. I have lt1Edit and disabled Vats and still nothing. I got my friends to push it off and it started fine and ran fine. But I cut it off and same thing. Anyone know what is going on here. I think that if it was the switch it would not stay running also I have a p1626 CEL. Any help would really be appriciated. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

If the problem is the lock cylinder switch would the car stay running because it can't read the pellet value on the key? Or could if be something simple like the starter selonoid?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Had a car acting similar - problem was the key and lock were both worn down -allowing the key to turn and activate the accessories and go to the on position but not allow the power to travel to the starter - replaced column lock and car starts fine.

Yours might be different but if its an original lock and key, I wouldnt over look it.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Just for everyone the Key switch is what the problem was, I just bypassed it with a resistor matching my key. it was a lot less expensive and a lot easier to put in.