Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP AFR Issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP AFR Issue!!!

Ok, I just put my Wide Band LM1 O2 Sensor on my car. Now I had the welder weld a bun about 6 inches in front of my actual O2. So I have the Wide band first then the O2 sensor next. I let it heat itself up then started the car. The AFR at idle is reading between 19 and 21. It never stays at just 1 number it constantly fluctuates between these three numbers. I thought the AFR at idle should be around 14-15. Now when I floor it for about 2 sec it goes to about 14-15, now that's sitting still with now load on the car or any air coming in from actually moving forward. I have yet to run it on the juice but I am confused on were it needs to be so I can adjust my fuel accordingly.
Any suggestions????

I also just bought the LM-1 I described above from one of my friends who has a pure race car, were this LM-1 was used mainly on just a couple of passes. My questions are, what is the Lambda sign and what does it represent, when the car is at idle it fluctuates through all kinds of numbers? I usually never get an AFR reading, my reading to the right of the display is always a number and %O2. Does that mean the % of oxygen that is exiting the header? that number usually stays in the low 20%. When I do manage to get a glimpse of the AFR which comes in and out really fast between the %O2, it is really high, and it to fluctuates. My car should be about 14.5-15 AFR at idle and its saying its at 18-20, it never stays on just one number. The LM-1 has been properly calibrated and the sensor I am using is brand new. How do I get the AFR reading to display and how do I record? I'm not sure how I am supposed to get an accurate reading racing down the track when I am watching the track and not the hand held, and I cna never know what I am running because it only shows current.
Any help would be appreciated!!