Sponsored by:

car keeps cutting off under light acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation car keeps cutting off under light acceleration

HELP!!!

I need help with my car. It cut off on me tonight 3 or 4 times on my way home, The battery was weak enough that I had to be jumped off every time it died but it started fine when I started to go home without a jump. When I left the house it had to be jumped off but when I left my friends house it started fine, I got about 2 miles down the road, was running around 60 MPH with light acceleration and it died just like I had cut the switch off. I called my friend, he came and jumped it off and it would start back up just fine, run and drive fine but when I tried to accelerate slowly to around 60 MPH it would die.

I have a 2 BAR OS with HP tuners, 403 cid engine with LS2 block, AEM injector driver, 96 lb per hour injectors, nasty performance stage 3 fuel system, APS twin kit and a 4L80E transmission.
The only other time it has done anything like this is when I had it on the Dyno at PCMforless it did the exact thing on the Dyno but has not done it before or since, when I remembered that it did it on the Dyno I drove it pretty hard to get home and no more problems.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Darren P; 09-29-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery

First off, I'd be looking at the battery.

Then the alternator, then every wire between the 2.

Then grounds.

It's always the little things that get us!