Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mis firing and bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mis firing and bogging down

Car is a 01 Ws6 with cam only, has 51k on it. Has had cam in it for about 8 months and was Tuned by Simpson Performance. Car has been mis-firing for a couple days now and SES light is flashing. Codes are for o2 sensors not working. I then tested both of my o2 sensors and they are fine, and all of the wires form the computer to them are fine. Then checked all plugs and they are fine as well. Used NGK tr55 gap is about .30

_ So.... Every once and a while the car just will just bog down and not want to move. U can floor it and still nothing it just bogs and goes like 5 mph. I then thought it could be the alternator not working. So I unplugged that and took it for a spin. It worked good for a minute and then all the symtoms came right back.

I am really lost to what else I can do to try and fix this problem. HELP!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

No assumptions here so: Do you have headers? Did you purchase extensions for the factory O2's to work with your headers? OR Did you use the kit supplied with your headers to lengthen the stock wires? OR (RECOMMENDED) Did you replace your stock front o2's with Vette Bosch 13111's upon install?

Reason I ask is we did the original o2's wire lengthen/splice option for a few (frugal) customers and every once in a while we will get a call concerning a wire coming loose which will cause one hell of a pissed off ride. At that point we either reconnect (frugal) customers stock wires with new connectors OR ask them to please allow us to install for small fee the Bosch 13111's.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I do have LT pacesetters on the car. As for the o2's I picked up 2 of the Bosch o2's and bought 2 of the Caspers electronics extensions. The rear o2's I have had deleted and tuned out.